Community invited to help build homes for hard-working families at special event on Friday, Oct. 28
Pick up a hammer to give back and be part of the organization’s mission to make homeownership possible for Orange County’s workforce
Orange County, CA — On October 28, Habitat for Humanity of Orange County sponsors will be trading in their typical day job for hammers and hardhats to volunteer in a significant home construction project in the City of Santa Ana. A “must see” and “must experience” event, Framing Day is set to raise the walls for two homes being developed in Santa Ana – craftsman and Victorian in style, these new homes honor the heritage of the community. The community is invited to take part in Framing Day: individuals or groups of volunteers are welcome to pitch in and be part of a day that gives back as much to their own participation as it does to support the cause.
Habitat for Humanity of Orange County (Habitat OC)’s Framing Day builds workforce homes brings attention to the cause to support construction on more new homes for families. In partnership with the City of Santa Ana, and thanks to corporate sponsor support including American Business Bank, City National Bank, Farmers & Merchants Bank and Parker Aerospace, Framing Day brings everyone together to celebrate the milestone of seeing a house under construction – taking the solid foundation and making it ready for the next phase of development.
“It takes a tremendous level of dedication to bring the vision of a house to life,” said Monique Davis, president and CEO of Habitat for Humanity Orange County, “That’s why we’re all part of this milestone. Volunteers, sponsors, our staff and local public officials will all be part of raising these walls together. It’s a moment to commemorate why we all work so hard for this cause, every day.”
Since 1998, Habitat OC has built more than 230 new homes and served nearly 4,000 people experiencing financial hardship in the region. The organization envisions all Orange County residents having access to the stable housing they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity of Orange County
- Date and Time: Friday, October 28 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Location: 830 N Lacy St, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Media Visuals: First Frame up by 9:30am! Best visuals 9:00am – 10:30am Schedule as follows:
- 8am Check-in & Refreshments
- 8:30am Program
- 9:15am Construction Safety Meeting
- 9:30am Framing & Construction
- Construction underway through Early afternoon; ending by 3pm.
- Contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate interviews with community volunteers and Habitat for Humanity of Orange County leadership.
- Invitation: habitatoc.org/invitation-lacy
- Event Details: habitatoc.org/lacy
- View photos from past Framing Days HERE
- Quotes from Habitat for Humanity OC Homeowners:“To some people, seeing dirt shoveled doesn’t mean much to them. To me, it means a new beginning where my daughter Julia can have her own room where she can study and a home where my youngest children can run around and be kids,” said a Habitat OC 2018 homeowner. “These are the things many take for granted, but not us.”“Homeownership has already affected our quality of life as a family. We hope that in this safe and stable home our children grow to become productive and engaged community members.”
– Habitat OC 2022 Stanton homeowner