Position Overview: Habitat for Humanity of Orange County is seeking an experienced Home Repairs Technician to perform residential home repairs for selected low income and veteran home owners in Orange County. Perform on a team that may also include subcontractors and volunteers performing repair and rehab tasks.
- Support the Manager with the coordination and physical repair of foundations, wood framing, roofing, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, doors, windows, siding, drywall, cabinet and countertop repair, painting, landscaping, and site drainage.
- Assist in the instruction of unskilled volunteers in the methods of completing correctly and safely all processes of repair activities.
- Assist in insuring that all construction tools and equipment are in safe working condition on any jobsite and that any tools not in proper, safe working condition are removed from the jobsite. Coordinate the reporting of tools and equipment to Construction.
- Coordinate the delivery of supplies, tools, and materials to the jobsite to ensure each day’s tasks are able to be completed in a timely manner.
- Provide reports, material and service receipts, and updates to the repair schedule at the direction of the Manager
- Support the Manager by providing input to Volunteer Services and Fund Development as to the need for and status of work accomplishments of Volunteer Groups and Individuals
- Assist in the scheduling of any necessary subcontractors to complete specialized work tasks and help ensure compliance with work orders
- Conduct home visits.
- Conduct Homeowner Packet signing meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years construction and or repairs experience
- Experience in one or more construction trades preferred
- Must have working familiarity of power tools, measuring devices and hand tools
- A valid California Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to pass employment background check and a physical
- Outstanding teamwork and collaboration skills
Send resume and cover letter to jobs@HabitatOC.org.