Position Description: Drives the company vehicle to pick up donations of furniture, appliances, home goods and building materials from individual home donors and corporate business donors throughout the Orange County region. Assesses potential donations for acceptability using specific guidelines and communicates clearly and tactfully with potential donors regarding their items. Safely loads the truck, delivers the donations and unloads the truck to one of our two Habitat ReStore locations, in Santa Ana and Anaheim, as directed by the donation coordinator. Maintains record of donations via donation receipts. Provides exceptional customer service to Habitat ReStore donors and customers both in face-to-face interactions and via the telephone. Leads and supervises volunteers assisting with donation pick-ups, loading and unloading donated items and preparing items for the sales floor. Assists in the flow of merchandise from pick up through preparation in the warehouse and onto the sales floor. Completes other tasks as assigned by the Material Acquisitions Director.
- Enjoys working with the public and possesses excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent time management skills and planning skills to maintain pick up schedule
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to understand and communicate the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of individuals including staff and volunteers
- Works well as part of a team and takes initiative to assist other team members as needed
- Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds and to safely load and unload trucks. Operate forklift.
- Ability to maintain vehicle and warehouse area in clean and safe condition
- Ability to understand and follow established operating procedures
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record. Able to pass a DMV and background check
- Able to drive a 16 ft. and 24 ft. bobtail truck and stake bed with a lift gate; C Class Driver License
- Basic computer skills
- Non-profit and/or retail warehouse experience is preferred
- A mature and professional individual over 18 years of age
To apply, please send your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org