Habitat ReStore FAQs
Print list of items that you can donate to ReStore
The Habitat OC ReStore locations in Anaheim and Santa Ana are home improvement stores and donation centers that sell good quality reusable materials at discounted prices to the general public. New donations arrive every day and it's a whole new store with each new donation! Habitat OC ReStore proceeds fund the build of affordable Habitat OC homes for purchase by limited-income families in Orange County.
Items are featured in our weekly e-newsletters and are also posted online at www.ReStoreOC.org/NewArrivals.
What does the ReStore sell?
The ReStore sells both new and gently used remodel and home improvement materials that have been donated by contractors, homeowners, remodel projects, business surplus and more! Inventory includes lighting, carpet, tile, doors, windows, appliances, furniture, kitchen and bath cabinets, sinks, cleaning supplies and more. Since we receive new donations every day, there is never a set inventory -- It's a whole new store with each donation! The best thing you can do is to stop by and see for yourself all that we offer and check back often to see our newest prduct arrivals.
How to Donate
Donations are accepted at the Home Improvement Resale Outlet during the business hours. Call (714) 434-6202 to check quality, age and usability of your items. Or email donationhotline@ReStoreOC.org. Items are selected based on our ability to sell them in the ReStore to fulfill our mission of raising funds to build more affordable homes in Orange County.
To contact us call 714-434-6202.
We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss if we are able to accept your donation. We are unable to haul away trash, and some donations may be declined because of safety concerns, facility limitations, or marketability.
For the safest and most efficient collection of your donation, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Have all materials boxed (if applicable), stacked and readily accessible.
- Mark all items with a note that reads "For Habitat for Humanity"
- Absolutely no hazardous materials or waste items are accepted
- We are unable to haul away trash or sort items from those that do not meet our criteria
What donations CAN the ReStore accept?
Print list of items that you can donate to ReStore
- Air Conditioning (less than 5 years old - running condition - whole house or window)
- Appliances (New or less than 5 years old - clean and in working condition)
- Bath Tubs (Cast Iron and Iron Only or New)
- Cabinets (Kitchen and Bathroom)
- Carpet (New Only - room size pieces and larger)
- Ceiling fans
- Doors (Interior & Exterior, Raised panel, glass, etc.)
- Electrical - fixtures, parts and supplies
- Flooring Materials (Ceramic, vinyl, wood - boxed and clean)
- Furniture - Home or antique (overall good condition - no worn or stained upholstery)
- Hardware (knobs, hinges, locks. Also: nails, screws, nuts, bolts and fasteners - sorted and in quantity)
- Lighting products
- Lumber - 6 ft or longer; Plywood: half sheet or larger; Trim: free of rot, nails and screws - no scraps
- Paint (new only) and painting supplies
- Roofing Materials/Gutters
- Toilets (new only in almond & white)
- Tools (new preferred)
- Windows (Vinyl, Aluminum, Wood -- all sizes; new construction and retro-fits)
List is subject to change. Please check before donating. Thanks!
What donations can the ReStore NOT accept?
- Appliances (older than 5 years, not working or dirty)
- Bath tubs, hot tubs, Jacuzzis or spas (used)
- Toilets (used)
- Textiles (used)
- Children's toys
- Cribs, car seats, strollers
- Car parts
- Carpet or padding (used or less than room-sized scraps)
- Matresses or box springs (used)
- Drapes, curtains or valences
- Paint (open or partial cans)
- Hazardous or toxic chemicals
- Pesticides (liquid or powdered type)
- Scrap lumber or lumber with rot, nails or screws
- Glass shower doors
- Broken glass
- Broken mirrors
- Un-framed glass
- Un-tempered glass items
- Windows that are single pane
Why donate? How does the ReStore help Habitat OC?
- Proceeds from the ReStore help the affiliate build even more affordable homes for qualified families in Orange County.
- Your donations may be tax-deductible.
- Useful materials are recycled to help the environment.
- Useful materials are kept out of landfills and put to use by those who need them.
- Helps our community by providing affordable building materials, enabling more people to repair and remodel their homes and businesses.
- Support Habitat for Humanity's objectives of building safe, affordable, energy efficient houses for low-income families, and the revitalization of neighborhoods.
How can I help the ReStore?
There are essentially three ways you can help the ReStore. 1st: make your home improvement purchases at the ReStore and to tell your friends about us. 2nd: spread the word about our stores and help us receive donations of good quality saleable materials. 3rd: the Habitat OC ReStore is always looking for volunteers to help with stocking shelves, picking up donations, and general store upkeep.
Who can shop at the ReStore?
The ReStore is open to the general public including homeowners, interior designers, contractors, and property managers.
Does the ReStore have any specials?
Yes. Because we sell most items at 10% to 50% off normal retail value, every purchase is a great deal. However, we offer specials from time to time where you can save even MORE! To be added to our email list for new product arrivals and have ReStore special events information emailed to you, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
| Recycle. Reuse. Reduce. Rebuild.
Keep in touch with the Habitat ReStore:
||LIKE US ON
||FOLLOW US ON