Be a leader. Learn new skills. Create lifelong friendships.
"Go-to people". That's what we call Habitat OC core volunteers. If you can only build occasionally, you'll go to these folks for guidance and inspiration.
All volunteers must first:
Then, consider joining the elite of construction volunteers. Members of these teams benefit by:
- Receiving priority status when scheduling workdays
- Learning new construction skills
- Sharing knowledge with less skilled volunteers
- Receiving official t-shirts and name badges so you can pick them out of a crowd.
These volunteers commit to building one day or more per month in a six-month period.
Crew Leaders already have construction skills or learn them by volunteering regularly on Habitat OC sites. They teach other volunteers and may oversee small groups on Saturdays.
- Discuss your interest with a Site Superintendent or the Crew Leader Coordinator
- Complete a Crew Leader application and sign a Contract of Commitment
- Attend optional Crew Leader training meetings on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Contact the vounteer department for more info.
The Geezers picked the name, Habitat OC didn't! The Geezer Gang volunteers are men and women of all ages, and they keep construction going on weekdays. Most Geezers are retired executives or professionals who like to help others, live for creating things... and they enjoy socializing. The Geezers do "make a difference".
They meet up for lunch at 1pm on the second Monday of every month: Arnie's Manhattan Deli, 1660 Dove St., Newport Beach, CA. Please contact the Geezer Gang Coordinator for further info.
- Willingness to devote at least one day per week with Habitat OC
- Enjoy helping others
- Like to meet new friends and share experiences
- Enjoy going to lunch!
- Contact the Geezer Gang Coordinator to become an official member of the Gang.
Join the best of the best volunteers in Orange County. Be a core volunteer.