Hi - This page is outdated. Please click here for newer information. Thanks!
AmeriCorps & Habitat OC
Change the world - one family and home at a time. Join AmeriCorps and work at Habitat OC.
Learn - Transform - Improve
So...why join AmeriCorps and Habitat OC?
Check this link to find out what Habitat AmeriCorps & VISTA volunteers are up to in 2012 - be sure to read about Shannon who's volunteering for ReStore OC.
Fight Poverty with Passion
AmeriCorps, a federal program, offers Americans an opportunity to improve local communities while learning new skills, meeting new people and earning money to pay for college.
Give and Take
AmeriCorps volunteers are essential to the success of Habitat OC. They support the mission and accept high levels of responsibility.
- Sustainable community service projects
- Work on construction sites or in the office
- Compassion, enthusiasm and fresh perspectives
- Hard work, selflessness and time
- Training and transferable skills
- Team building and leadership skills
- National and local participation
- Tangible, visible impact
Living in "The OC"
It's no secret. Living here is expensive. AmeriCorps volunteers receive:
- Modest income
- Low cost housing whenever possible
- Health insurance for the individual
- Childcare cost reimbursement
- Personal leave and holidays
- Lots of love and appreciation.
Commitment and Advantages
Visit the official website at www.AmeriCorps.gov for details on minimum requirements and maximum benefits.
Habitat OC engages AmeriCorps volunteers who are:
- 18+ years old
- High School grads, GED or working on getting a GED
- Licensed to drive
- Able to work 10.5 - 12 months and at least 1700 total hours
Contact the Habitat OC AmeriCorps Vista Volunteer Manager.
Where in the world have the Habitat OC AmeriCorps volunteers been?
2010-2011 AmeriCorps Habitat OC volunteers in Alabama.
Please, can we keep them?